The Legislative Wrap-up is a one-day workshop held after each legislative session which reviews recently passed legislation that will affect county budgets and operations. Upcoming dates are listed below. More details and registration will be on this page when it becomes available.
2013: May 13, Radisson Hotel (Bismarck)
The County Officials Academy is held on election years during the legislative session. It is designed to give both veteran and new officials an overview of county government, duties associated with different offices and more. It also provides new and veteran officials an opportunity to get updated on county legislative priorities and meet with state legislative representatives from their area.
Because many new county officials have legislatively mandated education requirements, workshops during County Officials Academy are specifically designed to provide a great opportunity for new officials to get a jump on meeting those obligations.
Attendees will receive Institute of Local Government credit for FREE for attending the County Officials Academy. All new and veteran officials will receive:
- 3 Credits Features of Local Government (FLG)
- 2 Credits The Legislative Process (TLP)
Future dates to the County Officials Academy:
March 13-14, 2013 (Ramkota Hotel - Bismarck)
March 9-10, 2015
March 15-16, 2017
The NDACo Annual Conference is NDACo’s premier educational and networking event. Held every October, the conference is a two-day gathering of over 500 officials, guests and vendors from across the state. Conference activities include:
• Educational workshops, including ILG-credit qualifying classes
• Vendor displays in two indoor venues and an outdoor large-equipment display
• NDACo Board of Directors elections
• Discussion and voting on important legislative resolutions and initiatives
• Topical keynote speakers and special guests
• ILG awards and graduation
• Excellence in County Government Awards
• Presentation of scholarship winners
• Scheduled and informal opportunities to network with other county folks, partners, state officials and others.
All county officials are strongly urged to attend the NDACo Annual Conference & Expo. Many consider it essential to their ability to provide the best service to their constituents.
When registration and other information is available, it will be linked from this page and our home page. Future Conference dates have been reserved through 2020 as follows:
2013 - October 6-9
2014 - October 12-15
2015 - October 11-14
2016 - October 9-12
2017 - October 8-11
2018 - October 7-10
2019 - October 6-9
2020 - October 11-14
With much appreciated support from the Bremer Foundation and ND Insurance Reserve Fund, two Human Resources Conferences for Local Government have been held. It is our hope that these valuable joint events will continue in the future, as they have proven very useful to participants from counties, cities, parks and other local government entities.